Working with menus
The menu bar appears at the top of the Tintii window in app mode only:
- The File menu:
- Open an image.
- Open Recent brings up a submenu listing recently opened files; selecting one will open that file. Selecting the Clear Menu item will remove all files from the list.
- Close the visible image. You will be prompted to save the image if you have not done so already, or if changes have been made since it was last saved. This is equivalent to clicking the X icon on the tab associated with the image.
- Save the visible image. If this is the first time that the image has been saved this session, you will be prompted to select or enter a file name.
- Save As saves the visible image, always prompting you to select or enter a file name.
- Exit quits Tintii. You will be prompted to save any images that you have not already saved, or to which changes have been made since last saving. On Mac this item does not appear: use Quit from the application menu instead.
Tip: Tintii will never write over an image that you have opened, unless you specifically instruct it to do so when saving.
- The Edit menu:
- Restore Defaults resets all controls for the visible image to their starting state, useful if you would like to start over or get yourself lost.
- The View menu, affecting the preview
- Zoom In enlarges the preview.
- Zoom Out shrinks the preview.
- Actual Size sets the preview to the natural size of the image.
- Fit selects a size so as to best fit the preview within the available space.
- Overlay toggles the display of annotations.
- The Window menu, to hide and show the various
panes of the user interface:
- Select any pane name to show or hide that pane. A check next to the pane name indicates that the pane is currently visible.
- Restore Default Layout arranges all panes as they were when Tintii was run for the first time.
- The Help menu: