Lawrence Murray is a research scientist in computational statistics at CSIRO Mathematics, Informatics and Statistics in Perth, Australia. He received his PhD in informatics, specialising in machine learning, at the School of Informatics of the University of Edinburgh, and honours degree in software engineering at the Australian National University. His research interests include:
- Bayesian inference, particularly sequential Monte Carlo (SMC), Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) and particle Markov chain Monte Carlo (PMCMC) methods.
- High performance computing on graphics processing units (GPUs) and distributed memory clusters.
- Nonlinear state-space models.
- Continuous-time state-space models using ordinary or stochastic differential equations.
- Applications of the above in environmental science.